Sunday, March 29, 2009

Update

Since my last post alot has changed.

Mike was able to find a job...and he started this past Monday. We just worked on getting him a job first since the job market is horrible in the oil & gas field. The job is in Shreveport, LA.....so that is where we are now.....living in the RV again. He came on Monday....and I joined him Tuesday evening. Since we got here....the company he works for has offered me a job also. Right now it is just a temporary job.....but they have another project starting soon and she mentioned putting me on it. I am thankful God has provided for us. Although I was kinda looking forward to a little break.

The last month has been very emotional for us. Alot of change in a short amount of time. I do NOT deal with change very well. I never have. I get very emotional. It was hard for me to leave the house on Tuesday. It was my comfort zone. I had my friends and alot of family there to keep my mind off things....and now I am out of my comfort zone. It's just me and mike....on the road again. Don't get me wrong....I love having all my husband's attention. lol.....however....at this time in our lives....the extra support from everyone else has been good. I look at everyone else's lives and I think....wow....everything just seems to fall in place for them. And I guess what I mean by that is.....babies. I feel like the one thing I really, really want....is the one things I can't have. And it gets me really, really down.

Anyways....let me move on. Mike and I also celebrated our 3 year anniversary on the 25th. He had to work all day....and basically all we did was go to dinner. Which by the way was a very interesting experience. For one....since we got here Shreveport has had bad weather. When we went to dinner it had just started raining. We got our food...and then the whole restaurant lost power. And it never came back on. Not to mention the fact that 3 tornadoes touched down about a mile from where we were at. Kinda scary. lol I'll never forget our three year anniversary....that's for sure. Anyways....I look forward to many, many, many more years with Mike. It's hard to believe that we have been married 3 years already!!!

Well....that's it for now....

2 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

I know change is always hard-- and scary! I am thankful that God has provided a job for Mike and you, during this crazy economy, even if not ideal.

Your anniversary dinner sure sounds like a night you will not forget...haha!! Wow. Interesting is right.

I pray that you and Mike do enjoy this time together. Still praying for your heart's desires...love ya.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, you have a lot of new things on your plate to deal with. I am so glad you and Mike have such a strong and close relationship. I'm glad you guys are partners and friends, not just spouses.

It's good to hear how you guys are and where you are! I love you and will be praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home