Monday, January 19, 2009

It's a GIRL!!!!

Well there you go.....another girl! lol For those of you that don't know....my parents had 3 girls....and my sister Steph has 3 girls. And now....add one more girl to the mix! =)

Today has been a wonderful day for Mike and me. I have been looking forward to this day for over a year now! A Year? Yep.....a Year! We found out last October that I was expecting the first time. And from the day we found out neither one of us could wait until we found out what we were having. Of course...the first two pregnancies didn't go well and we never made it to that "special day". But today is a different story. I know that we have a long way to go still....and I pray that all continues to go well.....but today made me feel sooooooo good inside. I was convinced that I was having a boy. My symptoms were so different this time. I kept telling Mike.....It's either a boy....or finally a healthy pregnancy!!

I wish I had some good pictures to post.....but the ultrasound photos weren't that great. BUT...we got to see her moving and kicking like crazy. It was a wonderful sight to see. I feel her alot now....and I LOVE that feeling! They said everything looked great so far! She weighs 8oz. and is about 7 inches long. We are just soooooo excited!

Just so all of you know....Ava Lynn Cruz is due June 21st.....=)

I will keep you all updated!!!!!

7 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Heather said...

YEA!!!! We are sooooo VERY excited for you!!! I LOVE her name....We will continue to pray for you and little Ava!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Shelley,
This post made my inside swell with love and excitement for you. I know how long you have anticipated this day, and I'm so thankful for your healthy baby girl. Ava is a lucky lady to have such great parents...she will be showered with love all around. Can't wait to meet her!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Tory said...

Awwww congratulations Shelley!!! This is so exciting! You guys are going to be such great parents!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

congrats shelley..this is so exciting!!!I am so happy things are going so well with you and the baby.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Im so happy for you. I pray for u everyday. I know that feeling, the first time to see her! Awe man how awesome! I too thought for sure I was having a boy..and it was a girl!! She was also kicking on her first ultrasound..it was so amazing to see..and a relief!!
Take care of yourself and I will keep praying! btw.. beautiful name!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm so happy for you! What a beautiful name! June will be so fun. Enjoy your pregnancy and getting to feel little Ava move- that is probably one of the coolest things! I love you!

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless and keep you well! I M soooooo happy for you. Trust and Believe and keep Love Alive!! You are two very special people, held in the palm of the loving hands of GOD our Heavenly Father.... Blessings abound.... Myra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home