Thursday, October 30, 2008

October 30th, 2008

I received some bad news this morning. My Aunt Dorothy passed away today. My Aunt Dorothy was my dad's sister....and also one of my favorite aunts!

I was called a couple of days ago and informed that things did not look good for her. I was fortunate to see her at my mom's wedding back in August....but before that it had been YEARS. And I mean years. Life gets busy.....and unfortunately....time gets away from all of us. She lived in Kerrville and we just hadn't made it down there for a visit. I regret that very much right now.

She was a special lady. A very special lady. I have so many fond memories of her from when I was little. It's so strange because I don't remember alot of visiting aunts and uncles from when I was a kid....but I remember soooooo much from my visits to their house. Strange things too. Like the smell of bacon in the morning when she was making us breakfast. And these little mints that came in all sorts of colors that she would always have at her house. And playing Nintendo at her house. As a matter of fact....they had a subscription to Nintendo magazine and I remember seeing that at her house....I begged my parents to get me that magazine subscription...and they did that following Christmas. =) I remember playing in their back yard in the little stream that ran back there.....and going up the hill behind their house on adventures (when I was little I thought it was a mountain). Good memories and good times in Kerrville at my Aunt Dorothy & Uncle Frank's house. Eventhough I haven't seen her much lately....I sure am going to miss her. I have cried alot today....which kinda caught me off guard a little bit. I mean...I know I lost a loved one today....but it seems like much more than that. I lost another part of my dad today too. She was his sister....the only sister he had that was still alive (my dad had 4 sisters total)....and now she is gone. All that is left of the Toney siblings is my Uncle Robert. It seems that they have all passed on way before their times.

Like I stated before...she was a special lady. And I am REALLY going to miss her. I do know this...she is in a much better place...and she was greeted by her parents, her sisters.....and last but not least....her baby brother...my dad.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

I'm so sorry to read this today. I will be praying for you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home