Thursday, August 07, 2008

7 Weeks

So I am 7 weeks today!

I am feeling tired....very tired on some days....but for the most part...I feel great. No morning sickness at all so far. Which kinda makes me nervous. I know that all pregnancies are different....but I've heard that it means the baby is healthy when you have morning sickness. I wasn't really sick with my last pregnancy either. Any thoughts on this?!

My next doctors appointment is on Tuesday and we are really looking forward to that. I think I will feel much better being able to see the heart beat!

As far as developments go....here is what is happening this week:

Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs. Eyelid folds are visible and already have some color. Both hemispheres of the brain are growing and the liver is "churning" (as the book says) out red blood cells until his or her bone marrow forms and takes over. He or she now has an appendix and a pancreas. And last but not least....he or she has doubled in size....and is compared to the size of a blueberry! =)

So I guess I will post again after our appointment on Tuesday. Please continue to pray for us!

2 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie....you are so funny! That comment made me laugh....and I needed a good laugh!!! =)

Shell

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

I dont think having morning sickness means that you are having any more of a "healthy" pregnancy than if you have no morning sickness. The only thing I have ever heard in that regard is that women who are carrying multiples MAY feel more sick, since their pregnancy hormones are double...or something to that effect.

Who knows?? You said it- the classic pregnancy answer for any and every question: Every pregnancy is different.

Go enjoy listening to your baby's heartbeat! Can't wait to hear all about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home