Tuesday, January 29, 2008

12 weeks & 4 days

Yesterday Mike and I had another doctors appointment. We actually didn't see our doctor though. The purpose of the appointment was to test for down syndrome. Basically they did an ultrasound that measures the baby's neck and pricked my finger to take some blood. It was a pretty short appointment...but in that short time we got to see alot.

During the ultrasound we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was a wonderful sound. We also got to see the baby moving around ALOT. We got to see all five fingers on one of the hands. We got to see the baby kicking too. So even though it was a short appointment.....it was full of many wonderful things.

I have gotten a few emails asking how I am feeling. First of all....thanks for thinking of me. I have been feeling very good. I haven't been too tired or sick. I don't want to jinx anything..but things have been very smooth so far! I hope it stays that way.

As far as the baby goes....here are a few things that are developing this week....

According to my book....the most "dramatic" developement this week is Reflexes. The baby has begun to open and close it's fingers and curl his/her toes. The baby's mouth has also started making sucking movements. And from crown to rump the baby is about 2 inches long ( about the size of a lime) and weighs about half an ounce.

Well....that's about it for now. We are heading to Weatherford this coming weekend for Mike's birthday and we are really looking forward to it.....so I will post more next week. =)

3 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

Hooray for tiny miracles! I cant wait to continue to hear about your little one, and all the exciting things you are experiencing. Keep the stories coming! :)

(And I am SOOOO glad that you are feeling well throughout all this. That is awesome!)

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

BTW: HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY MIKE!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yay! Little baby Cruz! Isn't it amazing to think about all the growing that is going on inside of you! Just imagine those little fingers...
Keep us posted! I'm so happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home