Sunday, January 20, 2008

11 Weeks...

As of this past Friday I am officially 11 weeks along. Mike and I went for another doctors appointment on Thursday and all went well. The doctor was very pleased with my progress. I am very close to being done with my first trimester....and that makes me feel so much better. The risk of a miscarriage drops ALOT after the first trimester. Mike and I both realize that there can be other complications throughout pregnancy....but I am trying to stay positive about this.

This past doctor's appointment was kind of emotional for me. Because I am considered a high risk pregnancy....I have been going to the doctor every 3 to 4 weeks. So even though I am only about 3 months along...I have already had 4 ultrasounds. Up until this past Thursday.....we haven't really been able to see much on the ultrasound. But this past Thursday was the first time that I could actually see a baby!!! It was very exciting....and also emotional. See....my pregnancy has been fairly easy so far. I haven't had alot of morning sickness....some...but not much. To be honest...even though I knew that I was pregnant....I didn't really feel like I was pregnant yet. Thursday changed that. Seeing the baby's head, body, arms, and legs made it very real.
I am scheduled to go back to the doctor on the 28th for down syndrome testing. After that I do not go back until Feb. 21st. Here is a picture of the baby.....




If you are looking at the picture....in the middle of the dark circle is the baby....the baby's head is on the right side....then you see the little body......a small arm.....and a leg that is sticking straight up!!! =)

Now....because it has been soooooo long since I have posted pictures....I have picked out several to share....ENJOY!!!!

Katelynn & Maddie playing dress up at Brookelyn Cruz's birthday party.





Brooklynne Miller & Brookelyn Cruz playing dress up.....





Uncle Mike with all of our neices......




Mommy with Dallas & Harmony



Harmony & Dallas



Dallas on Christmas day




Harmony & Dallas with Santa!!!


Harmony & Dallas during bath time.....



Daddy & Dallas sticking out their tongues...=)


Dallas C. Cruz....



Uncle Nino & Dallas

Yolie, Cokey, & Adam



Dallas Cowboy baby clothes...we are covered for either a boy or girl........

Yolie & Cokey

The Cruz Family

3 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelly and Mike
I am so happy for you both. You deserve the best, and I know Mike will Do everything he can to make this easier for you. My prayers are with you both.
Love You.
Wanda

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I LOVE your baby already!! He/She is so stinkin cute in that ultrasound! I'm so thankful that everything is going so well in your pregnancy so far, and I will continue to pray that this positive-ness continues. I know what you mean about finally "feeling pregnant" or realizing that it is REAL. Just wait until you feel those first little kicks. :) God is so good!

Love and miss you guys!

(BTW: Your neices are getting SO old! I cannot believe how fast they are growing up!)

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yay for baby! That's a great ultrasound picture. I'm so excited for you! And your puppies look very cute, too. =) I'm glad things are going well. Keep us posted because I want to know all about it! =)
love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home