Friday, August 01, 2008

6 weeks

As of yesterday I am six weeks along. I know its not very far....but 6 weeks is better than none at all....right?! =) We are taking it one day at a time and enjoying every minute of it.

Here are the big changes this week:

The nose, mouth, and ears are beginning to take shape and the eyes and nostrils are starting to form. The emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head and his/her arms and legs by protruding buds. The heart is beating 100 to 160 times a minute and blood is beginning to flow through his or her body. The intestines are developing and the bud of tissue that give rise to his lungs has appeared. The pituitary gland is forming as are the rest of brain, muscles, and bones. And last but not least.....the baby is about the size of a lentil bean! haha Pretty small huh??!!

As for me....I have been feeling very tired this time around. Not having any morning sickness....but I feel very picky about what I eat. Mike and I are staying very busy with work...but I am also trying to take it easy.

I guess that's it for now. Please keep us in your prayers....as I said before....we have a long way to go!

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

Yea for 6-weeks! Small milestones along the way are definitely worth celebrating in any pregnancy.

Nothing wrong with feeling tired...your body is growing a baby. That just sounds exhausting to me. =)

Praying for continued to health and growth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home