Friday, August 08, 2008

8-08-2008

If your into numbers.....you might consider 8-8-08 to be a special day (LuLu & Ross).....haha. For Mike and I though....8-8-08 is a special day....but NOT because we have a thing for numbers. Today was my due date for Faith Cruz. Now....I know that people don't normally have their babies on the exact due date....but none the less.....the due date is always a special day when talking about your baby.

Am I sad today?? Yes I am. Am I also happy today? Of course. I am sad because I think about how I could be holding a beautiful baby girl in my arms right now...and I'm not. I am happy though...because I am hopeful that in March I WILL be holding a baby. God did give us another chance....and I feel blessed because of it.

I went to the grocery store this morning and as I was checking out the lady asked to see my ID (I paid with credit card....and I am glad someone cared enough to ask for my id)....anyways....she looked at my picture....then looked at me....then looked at my picture...and looked at me again....so by this time I am smiling because I am thinking to myself "Man....do I look that different from that picture or what?" ...and then she said...."You have such a pretty smile....Your whole face lights up when you smile. U smile with your eyes....its in your whole face....I rarely see that these days". I was taken back....I mean.....if this lady only knew how I was really feeling today! But....I thanked her...and I said..."Well...I have alot to smile about. I have been very blessed. God has been good." And I truly feel that way. There are days like today....that make me sad.....but like I said....I am also happy. I wish I was holding that baby today....I really do.....but God had other plans.....and we have come to terms with that....even on the hard days. And we know that no matter what happens down the road....God is in control...and we have to put our faith and trust in him.

So today....I will remember always as the day our beautiful baby girl was due....and I will make sure to thank God for all the blessings he brings into our lives.

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Shelley, thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. I know it's been such a difficult thing to walk through. Yet, whenever I talk with you I am encouraged to see how you and Mike lean into each other and trust God for strength.

It's totally true what the checker-lady said about your smile! Your face does light up! I'm so glad she could see that!

Love you!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

I second what Sarah said...and the checker-lady! Your face does light up when you smile. =)

I'm glad 8-8-08 was also a day of hope and excitement, as you mourn the loss of Faith, but look to the future with Faith's sibling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home