Saturday, January 23, 2010

A first.....

Last night something amazing happened. A first for us.

I have been feeling Caden kicking for awhile now....but last night as I was laying on the couch and I put my hand on my stomach and I felt him kick. I called Mike over and he put his hand on my stomach and Caden kicked again....and Mike felt it! I wish I could have captured his face on camera. It showed pure happiness. I would have to say it is one of the best feelings in the world....and we finally got to experience it. Amazing. Truly amazing.

I even woke up this morning still smiling. And as I started writing this blog something else came to mind. I realize how lucky I am. Even though I have not been able to have a child yet....with my two 2nd trimester losses....I had been able to feel the baby move....even if Mike couldn't. I was able to see and hold both babies....I was able to see what features they would of had. That is MORE than what alot of woman even get to experience. Even more so....I was able to get pregnant 4 different times.....alot of women don't even experience the joy of looking at a pregnancy test and seeing a positive result. So even though the end result has been the same as those women.....being left empty handed...I am soooooo thankful that I have been able to experience more in two years than most experience in their whole life time. And I pray for those who are struggling to start a family as we have.

Thank you God for blessing us with this first....it is something that we will never forget.

1 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Shelley, I'm so glad that you and Mike experienced this "first" moment together. You're right- you will never forget his face that first time. Pregnancy truly is a miracle. I'm so happy for you both and continuing to pray that God's blessings continue to flow for you both. Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home