Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Welcome Home Harley

For anyone who knows me really well.....it is no surprise that I have a soft spot for dogs & cats. I have been raised around dogs my whole life. My dad never cared for cats...so we never had any. At our house....pets are family members...and that's how they are treated. Many of my friends would probably say I go a little overboard when it comes to worrying about our pets....but I don't care....I want to make sure that any dog or cat that comes to live with us knows that they are loved...and that they are family.

Tinkerbell....my cat...is almost 6 now. I adopted her when she was only 2 months old. I had never had a cat before....and I really wanted a puppy. But at the time I was moving to Houston to live by myself and I was in school full time and I worked full time....so there was no way to have a puppy because I would never be there to let it out to use the bathroom. So I went to the vet and adopted a kitten instead. There was this cute little grey kitten there....it had to of been like 6weeks old....and I really wanted it. And then I saw this calico kitten in the back of the cage...and she had a bald spot on her neck. I asked the lady..."Which one has been here the longest?" And she pointed to the calico kitten. I knew immediately why of course....no body wanted her.....she wasn't perfect because she didn't have some hair on her neck. So...I decided right then and there that I was going to take that Calico kitten home and give her a good home. I remember her first night with me like it was yesterday. She cried the whole night....and I really wanted to take her back the next day. haha But of course I wouldn't do that. After a couple of days she adjusted to her new life with me. She became my baby girl....my princess. And believe me...she has NO idea she is a cat. I spoil her rotten. She has a wonderful life....full of people who love her alot. Mike teases me all the time that I love Tinkerbell more than I love him. haha And by the way...that bald spot grew back within a couple of weeks. Turns out that Tiinkerbell has allergies....=).

That all being said....Mike has been wanting a dog. My sister-in-law & best friend Yolie has a yorkie named Hercules. Mike always says he wouldn't mind having a dog like that....he really likes Hercules. Well....this past week I received an email from my cousin saying they had some yorkie puppies for sale. So I called Mike and asked him if he was interested...and of course he was. I was a little hesitant at first...because we already have Tinkerbell...and since Tinkerbell stays at my mom's while we travel...I wasn't sure we could handle another pet. But Mike said the dog would stay with him during the week...so I agreed...and I am soooooo glad I did.

On Thursday I picked up our new baby boy. =) We named him Harley D. Cruz.... after Mike's truck. He'a only 8 weeks old and weights about 2 lbs. ......and believe me...he's the cutest thing you have ever seen! We had such a good time with him this past weekend. And as with Tinkerbell.... he already has NO idea that he is a dog. God has not blessed us with kids yet...and I hope he does soon....but in the mean time...we will enjoy the blessings he has given us. We now have a family of 4. =) Tinkerbell will meet her brother for the first time this coming weekend....and I can't wait to see them together. Tinkerbell is going to look soooo big next to our little man. lol

Here are some pictures of our little ones... =)

Enjoy!

Love,

The Cruz's
Micheal, Shelley, Tinkerbell, and Harley!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home