Monday, May 08, 2006

The Twisty Path
===============
"Name one person in the Bible who had a simple life without twists," I asked Puddin (my wife).
Puddin was responding to a major change that we were making in buying a house. We were moving to an entirely different neighborhood and not building on the property that we bought.
It was a Divine direction that I was absolutely sure about.
"Why does life have to be so twisty and why can't God just make it simple?" was Puddin's question. It was a very good question.
I had already asked God that question.
Thus, my response, name one person whose life had any written detail in the Bible where it was simple and clear-cut.
"John," Puddin said.
"John!!!" I replied.
John lived in the wilderness eating bugs and honey.
Puddin would have undoubtedly considered locusts bugs.
"How many grasshoppers could you eat?" I asked Puddin.
I am sure many considered John crazy because his behavior and lifestyle were so far from the norm.
Then there was John's father Zacharias whom God made unable to speak because he didn't believe the angel about John. Both Zacharias and his wife Elizabeth were old, and he just didn't believe.
Finally, John was imprisoned then he had his head cut off.
Yet Jesus said there had been none greater than John.
Don't you think John thought his path was twisty at times?
I often wonder why couldn't life be simpler.
Why couldn't all revelation be straightforward.
Why does stuff have to be cryptic?
Why the twists and turns.
Although I wonder, God has always brought us through.
Right on time, in right order, and learning the right lessons.
God will take you through the twists and turns,
if you stay on the straight and narrow.

~A maintaining Original~

I received this through my email and I loved what it had to say.

We all go through so many changes in our lives....some good and some bad! BUT...no matter what may come our way we all need to keep in mind that God is in control. I know I need to keep this in mind....although it's hard to do sometimes. When something would happen that hurt me...I would always tell my dad "That's not fair!!" and he would always tell me.... "Shelley...life isn't fair".... and boy was he right. BUT....my dad would also always tell me that I need to learn to be patient. Patience is all it takes to actually see that God WILL get you through the tough times....he always does and he always will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home